UK Business Directory Scam
I had someone contact me today letting me know the UK Business Directory Scam is still active.
Apparently small business owners are being called and told they owe money for being registered in UK Small Business Directory.
This has been going on for 7 or 8 years now with many people being conned out of hundreds or even thousands of pounds.
It sounds like they now say they are from the County Court, Collections Departments or local Bailiffs and that they will be round within 72 hours if payment isn’t received.
My advice is never to agree anything over the phone, never give out your card details and don’t give in to threats just to get rid of them.
A lot of scammers bank on the fact that small business owners will just pay up to get rid of them and stop the threats.
One group send out threats that bailiffs will be visiting imminently.
Note: no one from UK Small Business Directory will call you about paying for a directory listing, do not be mistaken that they are involved with us in any way.
Feel free to comment below if this has happened to you.
- Best Digital Marketing Tools for Removals Companies
- Just An Ordinary Aussie
- Cotswold Website Design
- Cotswolds SEO Services
- Nigritude Ultramarine 16 Years Today
- WordPress 5.4.1 Not Updating
- Search Engine Marketing Oxfordshire
- Local SEO Company Earn Money With Directory Submissions
- Free Local Business Advertising
- Why Removal Companies Need a Marketing Strategy
- Business Tips – Things to do while Self Isolating or Working From Home
- Local Will Writing Service
- SEO Warwickshire
- SEO Gloucestershire
- Change your Location for Google Searches
- SEO Oxfordshire
- How To Get More Links To Your Website
- PageSpeed 100 – A PageSpeed Insights Experiment
- Related Keywords Tracker
- Building Trust & Gaining Authority